Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh, the pre-project projects!

The “pre-project” project had two purposes. One was to get rid of our water inefficient lawn and replace it with an abundance of cactus and succulents. The other was to give some of my favorite plants from the backyard a new home in front because we were expanding the house over the area where they previously lived. So on Valentines Day weekend Mike and I built forms and poured concrete each day until late into the night (he’s a camera man so we used his “movie lights” to keep the front yard lit while we poured concrete in the dark). The very next weekend we moved the plants and placed the DG, rocks, and gravel. I moved plants, added more succulents and rocks, and fussed with the layout over the next several weekends before we called it done and installed a micro-irrigation kit that I bought online (we were just finishing this outside as the 7.2 Mexicali earthquake rocked the ground for a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment