Monday, June 14, 2010

Old Heater OUTA HERE!



Boy was this weekend a crazy one. I had volunteered to do a Habitat for Humanity build day on Saturday and guess what… they had me hanging drywall. I could hardly believe my luck. I think I will be hanging drywall in Hell. Anyhow, it was a fun event and paved the way for the rest of the weekend. Sunday, in preparation for the taper to start today, I pulled a 4’ wide section of old plaster out of the hallway and installed a new sheet of drywall in its place. We pulled off the Hardibacker surround in the shower and installed the proper moisture barrier behind it (then re-hung the Hardi). We pulled out the old floor furnace that sandwiched the wall in the living room / hallway, and then filled in the floor and wall sections. We also pulled out the old under-floor access panel, framed it, then patched the subfloor. Whew! Funny how going to work on Monday can be an escape!

No comments:

Post a Comment