Monday, May 17, 2010

You are kidding me! Its raining!



Aw, come on! Seriously! Its raining right now. I'm REALLY hoping that it doesn't slow down the schedule for tomorrow. We are all set to get the roof nail inspection so the roofers can start preparing for install starting tomorrow afternoon. Oh well. Nothing we can do about it now. The good news is that today the guys got windows and doors installed on the dining room side and tomorrow we will loose our windows in both the existing bathroom and "master" bedroom when they get yanked out and sheathing gets applied since those locations will now be shear walls. Btw, we LOVE our new Alpine windows. I was not going to get vinyl windows but ended up doing so because this product is that good. I was going to go with nice clear anodized aluminum frame windows but rethought the plan since I didn't want to wastefully replace the "new" vinyl windows that had been installed right before we bought the house in 2005. Anyhow, these are really great windows and will qualify for the tax credit so I'm not complaining. They install a ton of these in Alaska since they are so weather tight.

1 comment:

  1. It's looking pretty good! Did you have them install a radiant barrier on the roof sheathing?I should have told you to do the same to your back wall to cut down on the heat gain for a cheap extra few $'s.

    ReplyDelete